Monday, February 2, 2015



Michaela Janae Whitaker

Hello from Eger!

Yeah, I'm not in Székes anymore, pity on me... No, It's great here in Eger, but my last night in Székes the branch/some people that we taught and met, threw a goodbye party for me. It was a lot of fun, we just got together and had a good time. Unfortunantly, I was not thinking and I didn't get a picture with half the people I wanted to!! Gosh, I'm still bitter about that, I don't know what I was thinking. Hopefully I can meet up with those people again and get a picture! 

Can I tell you how weird it was to leave from the Keleti train station again, and not only that, I was heading east. The whole train ride, which was the longest two and a half hours of my life ( I was used to the short hour train ride from Székes) I was saying to myself. I am going the wrong way! I need to be going the opposite direction!! It just felt really weird the whole time!! We made it though! When we got off the train I was greeted by Elder Brown. Oh man, it was good to see that man's face again. I served with the Browns in Sopron, my greenie city, and then they moved to Eger and now I'm serving with them again. Round two with the Browns. heeck yeaaa! I'm stoked! Elder Brown took us to our apartment and we dropped my bags off. Then we headed off to the Browns house to have dinner. Sister Brown cooks as well as she did in Sopron. The elders and us got together there and had a good dinner and chat with the Browns. 
My companion's name is Sister Brady. This transfer is her second, so she's pretty fresh in the country. I kind of have to step it up, because as she speaks really well, she still is gettin the hang of the Hungarian language so I have to step up and talk a lot and actually know what these people are saying to me, but it's a good opportunity for me. The Elders who are serving with us are Elder Waldvogal (he goes home next transfer) and he received a new greenie and his name is Elder Winegar. They are both from Utah and are really cool. It will be a good transfer! I have a good feelin' about it. 
Coming into a new area is pretty weird, because you come in but know nobody. Well... actually, my last companion was Sister Sholly and before Sister Sholly went to Székes, she was here in Eger so she knew the majority of the people we are teaching so she filled me in good before I arrived, but still... for the most part. I don't know any of these people. I'm sure there won't be a problem getting to know them quickly though.. Haha. 
We got in on Wednesday, had Angol Óra (English Class) on Thursday. There I met a few people. Then on Friday we had Játék Est (Game night) there I met even more people. There are a few young people around here, which is cool. I'm excited to get to meet everyone. 
Sunday we had church, I think attendance was about twenty, including six missionaries. Elder Brown in the Branch President here. It's safe to say that he has more responsibilities here in Eger than he did in Sopron but he handles them well, especially for not being fluent in Hungarian (just like the rest of us) but he does a really great job. We had a branch fast this last Sunday that as members and missionaries we can find families and priesthood leaders to teach. It was really cool, because we all got together Saturday afternoon and started it together and then after church on Sunday we ended it together with a big "potluck." It was super cool and I hope it will be successful!. 
It's a new week this week, last week I was sick for most of the time, that was not fun. I spent a lot of the time trying to rest and recooperate, my poor companion was stuck inside, but this week we will make it stellar. No doubt about it!
I hope everything is going well for you all back at home (Especially you Patriot fans--that makes me sick!) I love you all and wish you the best week.

Whitaker Nővér

No comments:

Post a Comment