Wednesday, January 28, 2015

I'm sayin goodbye to Székesfehérvár! Sister Whitaker will be on her way to Eger tomorrow afternoon!!
Man, transfer weeks! I think I'm finally getting used to transfer weeks!! Packing and saying goodbyes, yeah that's never easy. Especially the last one, but I feel like I've accomplished the things I needed here and I have a new city waiting for me!
We had an overall pretty good week. My companion and I decided to do consecration week and that was a good opportunity for us to learn and improve in many aspects of our works.
I think one of the biggest things that happened this week is that we met with a guy (FM) who had been taught by the missionaries once in 2010, but then he went on a trip and then never reconnected with the missionaries. This guy that we met with has been totally prepared. We were a little apprehensive to meet with him because of well other matters but we met with him and it was probably one of the best programs on my mission. FM just accepted everything we had to say and had so many legitmate questions. He happened to not speak Hungarian, but rather English so that actually made teaching even easier. I felt the spirit so strong and we happened to teach him The Restoration, The Plan of Salvation, a little bit of The Word of Wisdom and Temple Marriage all in one lesson! I have never done that in a single lesson before. This guy was literally just eating what we had to say up. It was truly amazing. We hope we will be able to teach his family, we set up to meet with him again and he said he'd talk to his wife about meeting with us! Teaching FM was just a huge blessing in our lives! Our zone goal was to find a family to teach, and as my companion and I were getting discouraged because we had yet to find a family to teach then FM comes to us and we start teaching his family. Blessings do really come when we have faith in God and his ways.

We went to a Hockey game this past week! That was super cool! The Székesfehérvár hockey team is pretty good, although it's nothing like Hockey in America! Plus the safety glass around the rink, is really useless! The puck flew into the crowd like three times, luckily I don't think anybody was seriously injured but it was pretty intense!
Wow, this email is super lame...sorry! Next week will be good!
Sok Szeretettel,
Whitaker Nővér

Michaela Janae Whitaker





No comments:

Post a Comment