Monday, August 4, 2014

Michaela Janae Whitaker





A Családom és A Baráteim! Hogy vagytok ezen a héten!? En, jól vagyok!
My family and friends, how are you this week? I'm am doing well! I just have to tell you something totally irrelevent to missionary work, but last Monday, I learned how to whip! There is an elder here that has five (yes, five) whips and he let me use the "baby" one to practice with and then when I got good with the baby one, I was give the "professional" whip. I seriously could have done it all day. It was so fun!! So ya'll better watch out when I get home, because I can gurantee that I will have a few whips and I will know how to use them.

Anywayyy...back to missionary work (:

Pápa is awesome. I knew that it would take me a few weeks to get adjusted to the new city with the new people, but I love it here now! The people are so great and the members, well they pretty much are the best. Something different about the members here are that there are a lot more younger members so it's cool because we can talk to them and I feel like it's easier to relate to them so that's awesome. The members here are incredible though and are so sweet.
Yesterday was fast Sunday so that means that during sacrament meeting the members have an opportunity to bear their testimonies, and except for at the very end of sacrament meeting there was never a time where we were waiting for someone to go up and bear their testimony. The members testimonies are so strong and great! Everyone is super happy and they love to fellowship and talk with each other. It's so nice to feel the love that radiates from everyone here. I bore a simple testimony, and afterwards several people came up to me and said that they appreciated my testimony. I've promised myself that, if I feel prompted to do so, I will always bear my testimony in fast and testimony meeting. No matter where I am and no matter how long I stay in an area. I say this because if the Hungarians I serve around remember anything about Whitaker Nővér I want it to be that she has a testimony of the gospel and a testimony of our Savior, Jesus Christ. If that's all they learn from me, I will be very pleased. Of course I hope to be able to teach and help bring people closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ through my teachings, but like Preach My Gospel says, "bearing testimony is the most powerful way to invite the spirit..." and after that, the spirit takes it from there. For we are truly the mouthpieces for the Lord. We do the talking and the spirit confirms in the hearts of the people we teach, that what we are saying is true. Without the spirit, the teaching is just words. I have a testimony of that, for I have seen the spirit work on me and the people I have taught.
We have done a lot of tracting these past two weeks. Sister Vandenberghe and I experienced tracting for the very first time, the second day in Pápa. It's safe to say that we are definitely not tracting experts, but we are learning along the way, and can I tell you how GRATEFUL I am for Sister Kovács. She is incredibly patient with us and willing to help us develop in not only the language but also the gospel. We have had such a great time together and I'm learning so much from both of my companions.
We will continue to be dilligent in our work and we know our purpose for being here, and thats to "invite others to come unto Christ.."
Hiánzyolni Fogtok nekem (I miss you all)

Sok Szeretettel,
Whitaker Nővér

No comments:

Post a Comment