Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Boldog Húsvetét! (Happy Easter! A few days late.)

I hope all of you had a wonderful Easter. My week hasn't been a big deal. We only had THREE Apostles come talk to us from last Tuesday to this yesterday. We had Neil A. Andersen last Tuesday, and then on Easter Sunday we had President Uchtdorf, and last night we had Dallin H. Oaks. I think we might have Elder Holland sometime before we leave too, so I have truly been blessed since being here.
I think about the great opportunity I've had in my life to listen to God's prophets in person. I've gotten to go to General Conference a few times and then I have had the opportunity to hear them at BYU and now here at the MTC. I can't think of anything better. They are speak with such power and conviction. There is no way anybody could doubt their testimony, for they truly have experienced conversion. 
It makes all of us hopeful that we can someday become spiritual giants, just like they are.

Well my companion and I are up to at least one lesson, sometimes two, lessons a day. We are pretty much finished with all the Grammar lessons. We just are reviewing and vigorously practicing our teaching for the next couple of weeks. As you may have already figured, when learning a foreign language it is easy to say something, thinking you said it correctly, but you actually said it totally wrong and you said something that doesn't make sense, but is funny! We've already had multiple situations with this, but the most recent is we were told that we were saying part of our prayers wrong. Hálásak Vagyunk means gratefuls we are (we are grateful for...). The whole class has been saying Halasok Vagyunk, which actually means fishy we are. So yeah, that's only one out of the many mistakes we've made while talking. Our teachers actually have a "quote book" that they write our mistakes down in and when they need a good laugh, they read it. I thought that was really funny! They know how it feels, they have had their fair share of saying one thing, but meaning a total different thing...somtimes in Sacrament Meeting, or a lesson! I'm glad I'm learning my mistakes now, and not while I'm standing in front of everyone, who is laughing at me. 

It's so nice to sit outside on our P-Day and watch all the new missionaries come in. The work of the Lord is happening and there is no doubt that his children are totally dedicated to him, just by seeing the amount of people coming in, each Wednesday

This doesn't really concern any of you but just to inform you, my P-Day, starting next week, will be Thursday, instead of Wednesday. We were a little bummed when we found out about it, but we will not complain. I'm thankful for the day that we can email and talk to everyone through email. 

I found one of my childhood friends the other day! We had no idea that we'd be in the MTC at the same time. It was so great to see him! We haven't seen each other in seven years. It was really nice to catch up with him.
 
I don't really have much to say this week. I am just so grateful for the opportunity to be here.  I can't believe that we've been here for five weeks, today. It seems like I've been here for months, but then I look back at the individual days and then I think to myself, "time has flown!"
It's been great hearing from all of you, and letters and emails are always welcome!

I love you all, and may God bless you and your family this year along with many many more years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment