Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pre-mission post: A few special photos

This post will be short and sweet, but I was looking through old, and not so old, photos last night and found a couple that touched my heart as I prepare to go on my mission.

This is a photo of me at the Denver Temple--the day I got sealed to my parents for time and all eternity.

I love this photo for a couple different reasons. First of all, I love how I'm looking up at the temple. I can literally hear what might have been going through my mind as I looked up at this gorgeous edifice "I love to see the temple, I'll go inside one day". I have been inside many times since then and it is my favorite place on earth. Not necessarily just the Denver Temple, but all temples. There are currently 142 operating temples. Fourteen under construction and fourteen announced. They are all grand and even though I probably won't make it to all of them in my life, but they are all beautiful houses of the Lord.
Secondly, I love my family so much and it brings me great peace and happiness to know that I can be with my family forever. One of my favorite primary songs is, "Family's Can Be Together Forever". There's nothing more I truly want to be with surrounded by the people I love, even after this life, but in the life hereafter.

There was a little cover picture on our ward's bulletin a couple Sundays ago and it was defining a missionary. 


I love this, and hope to bring many people into the gospel so that they can be with their families for eternity.


This photo is of me at my baptism almost twelve years ago. I know, I don't look too excited, but I remember the feelings I had that day. They were absolutely wonderful and there is no way I could do them justice by typing them up, but the spirit I felt will stick with me forever. 

I can't wait to be able to teach the people of Hungary and baptize them so they can feel the same feelings I felt on my special day. 


Here are just a few of my favorite pictures that I've taken of some of the temples

The Salt Lake Temple from The Roof restaurant

The Salt Lake Temple from Temple Grounds

The Manti Temple--BYU (2012-2013) 47th Ward Temple Trip

 
 The Provo Temple during Dusk- I don't know why it's purple, but it looks pretty neat!
The Provo Temple at night.

Like I said, I love temples, and hope to visit a bunch of them while we're out in Utah! 

No comments:

Post a Comment